There’s nothing like a day of boating in the Lowcountry. Whether you’re fishing, tubing, wakeboarding or cruising the Charleston Harbor, play it safe. Pay attention to weather, rules & regulations and follow the tips below for a safe day on the water:
– Wear plenty of sunscreen and reapply often, especially if you’re in and out of the water.
– Make sure young children are wearing lifejackets and adults have a lifejacket within arm’s reach.
– Drink plenty of water or sports drinks to stay hydrated under the hot sun.
– Use caution getting off and on the boat, especially when swimming and tubing.
– Carry extra towels, food and drinks in case you get caught in a thunderstorm or get hung up on a sandbar, both of which are common occurrences in the waters around Charleston.
Always obey and follow the rules of the captain of the boat.